I've been seeing some strange broadcast traffic floating around our
network that I can't seem to identify.

A few select (though seemingly unrelated) computers have been sending
out UDP broadcasts at 15-second intervals. The packets are sent to IP
255.255.255.255, destination port 712, source port varying between
packets.

The packets contain the following in their data section:
PROMISE_RAID##Hello World!

Where is the computer's hostname.

Ideally, the way to find out what's sending these broadcasts would be
to compare which processes are running on the computers in question,
but at the moment that's not a viable option due to location and
availability.

I'd like to find out if any of you recognize this traffic. My own
serches didn't turn up anything promising.