IP address from MAC address - Network

This is a discussion on IP address from MAC address - Network ; Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login to my computer remotely. Is there any way to remotely find my IP address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember ...

  1. IP address from MAC address

    Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login
    to my computer remotely. Is there any way to remotely find my IP
    address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember to recopy
    my IP address every time my computer reboots (I have a dual-boot)?

  2. Re: IP address from MAC address

    aristotle2600@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<60a140ee.0310061135.14b446d@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login
    > to my computer remotely. Is there any way to remotely find my IP
    > address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember to recopy
    > my IP address every time my computer reboots (I have a dual-boot)?

    If your computer is always on and connected to the network, it should
    keep the same IP address.
    Or if your DHCP lease is long enough, you can use your IP address.
    Or if there is DNS involved, you can log on by NetBIOS name.

    This assumes your computer is not behind a NAT router or firewall.

+ Reply to Thread