Default Login on windows 2000 professional - Network

This is a discussion on Default Login on windows 2000 professional - Network ; Hi , I am working on Windows 2000 Professional. During the first Boot up and 2000 login process, it tries to auto logon to a username which is not there anymore. It stops there with a error message and then ...

  1. Default Login on windows 2000 professional

    Hi ,
    I am working on Windows 2000 Professional. During the first Boot up and
    2000 login process, it tries to auto logon to a username which is not there
    anymore. It stops there with a error message and then I give a valid
    username and password to proceed. I tried creating a new user with the same
    old deleted username, but didn't work.

    I want to remove this auto login process OR change the deleted username by
    any other valid username. HOW?

    San Kan

  2. Re: Default Login on windows 2000 professional

    Auto login can be disabled by modifying the registry.
    Go to the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and do the following:
    1. Modify the String Value of AutoAdminLogon to 0
    Optionally:
    2. Modify String Value of DefaultDomainName to blank
    3. Modify String Value of DefaultPassword to blank

    As always, back-up your regsitry before making any changes.

    Chakra Bokkisam

+ Reply to Thread