Grand Junction Fast Switch - Network

This is a discussion on Grand Junction Fast Switch - Network ; Hi, I have an old Grand Junction Fast Switch 10/100, I am trying to connect to the serial configuration port using HyperTerminal. Dose anyone know what serial cable I require? I have tried using a Null-Modem cable but the switch ...

  1. Grand Junction Fast Switch

    Hi, I have an old Grand Junction Fast Switch 10/100, I am trying to
    connect to the serial configuration port using HyperTerminal. Dose
    anyone know what serial cable I require? I have tried using a
    Null-Modem cable but the switch only returns the following text:-
    ATQ0H0 which changes to ATQ0I0 and so on every 30 or so seconds, is
    this due to the wrong cable?
    Thanks
    Matthew Tyrrell

  2. Re: Grand Junction Fast Switch

    Here's a link to the Cisco documentation for one of the switches they
    acquired from Grand Junction.
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...100ug/index.ht
    Looks like it has been configured with a modem initialisation string. See
    the very last comment in the Troubleshooting section.

    Chris O
    __________________________________________________ ____-
    "Matthew Tyrrell" wrote in message
    news:ecd7276a.0310030823.6898aac0@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi, I have an old Grand Junction Fast Switch 10/100, I am trying to
    > connect to the serial configuration port using HyperTerminal. Dose
    > anyone know what serial cable I require? I have tried using a
    > Null-Modem cable but the switch only returns the following text:-
    > ATQ0H0 which changes to ATQ0I0 and so on every 30 or so seconds, is
    > this due to the wrong cable?
    > Thanks
    > Matthew Tyrrell

    ---