Networking a scanner - Network

This is a discussion on Networking a scanner - Network ; I have two home PC's - main one on XP and the other on ME. The XP is connected to an old scanner but I can't seem to get it working (too old maybe?). On ME the scanner works. Is ...

  1. Networking a scanner

    I have two home PC's - main one on XP and the other on ME. The XP is
    connected to an old scanner but I can't seem to get it working (too old
    maybe?). On ME the scanner works. Is it possible to just include the scanner
    in the network - if so how do I do it????

    Thanks

  2. Re: Networking a scanner

    I don't believe so - but I would be delighted to be proven wrong!
    The facility to network scanners is not offered based on the thought that
    for all normal operations the PC would need to be near to the scanner
    anyway - e.g. to load documents, adjust their positioing etc.

    Chris

    "Peter Lavington" wrote in message
    > I have two home PC's - main one on XP and the other on ME. The XP is
    > connected to an old scanner but I can't seem to get it working (too old
    > maybe?). On ME the scanner works. Is it possible to just include the

    scanner
    > in the network - if so how do I do it????
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Networking a scanner

    "Peter Lavington" wrote in message news:...
    > I have two home PC's - main one on XP and the other on ME. The XP is
    > connected to an old scanner but I can't seem to get it working (too old
    > maybe?). On ME the scanner works. Is it possible to just include the scanner
    > in the network - if so how do I do it????
    >
    > Thanks

    do you check the device manager?

    if too old of the scanner will be not compabile?

    network scanner need depend on which blank name you use , most of likely is HP

+ Reply to Thread