Two Networks - Network

This is a discussion on Two Networks - Network ; I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000. They both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both networks. One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet ...

  1. Two Networks

    I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000. They
    both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both networks.
    One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet mask of
    255.0.0.0, the other is using addresses 85.0.22.* with a subnet of
    255.255.255.0. Changing the ip addresses is very difficult (some of the
    devices are not pc's but Ethernet enabled industrial equipment). Is there a
    way to get a pc able to see both networks? Do I need a router?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Two Networks

    You did't mention the OS on the PC. If its win2k, linux you can have a
    second ip address. Your PC will communicate in both the LANs

    cheers

    srihari

    "stan" wrote in message news:...
    > I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000. They
    > both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both networks.
    > One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet mask of
    > 255.0.0.0, the other is using addresses 85.0.22.* with a subnet of
    > 255.255.255.0. Changing the ip addresses is very difficult (some of the
    > devices are not pc's but Ethernet enabled industrial equipment). Is there a
    > way to get a pc able to see both networks? Do I need a router?
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Two Networks

    Can also have two addresses with Win98 but it you need to edit the registry.
    Also possible to add to NICs of course.
    Chris

    news:77305db9.0310022333.66860510@posting.google.c om...

    > > I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000.

    They
    > > both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both

    networks.
    > > One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet mask of
    > > 255.0.0.0, the other is using addresses 85.0.22.* with a subnet of
    > > 255.255.255.0. Changing the ip addresses is very difficult (some of the
    > > devices are not pc's but Ethernet enabled industrial equipment). Is

    there a
    > > way to get a pc able to see both networks? Do I need a router?
    > > Thanks!

  4. Re: Two Networks

    "stan" wrote in message news:...
    > I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000. They
    > both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both networks.
    > One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet mask of
    > 255.0.0.0, the other is using addresses 85.0.22.* with a subnet of
    > 255.255.255.0. Changing the ip addresses is very difficult (some of the
    > devices are not pc's but Ethernet enabled industrial equipment). Is there a
    > way to get a pc able to see both networks? Do I need a router?
    > Thanks!

    how about put one more NIC or setting multi ip on the machine

  5. Re: Two Networks

    PC is Win2k. How does one set this up?

    > > I have two separate local area networks with a mix of win 98/NT/2000.

    They
    > > both share a network switch. I need one pc to be able to see both

    networks.
    > > One network is using addresses of 10.20.30.* with a subnet mask of
    > > 255.0.0.0, the other is using addresses 85.0.22.* with a subnet of
    > > 255.255.255.0. Changing the ip addresses is very difficult (some of the
    > > devices are not pc's but Ethernet enabled industrial equipment). Is

    there a
    > > way to get a pc able to see both networks? Do I need a router?
    > > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread