Reccomend me a switch. - Network

This is a discussion on Reccomend me a switch. - Network ; I'm hosting a LAN party, and I need a good, ~24 port switch. My price range ir right around $150. I want to stay away from the hell that would be caused by daisy-chaining a bunch of smaller switches. What ...

  1. Reccomend me a switch.

    I'm hosting a LAN party, and I need a good, ~24 port switch. My price range
    ir right around $150. I want to stay away from the hell that would be caused
    by daisy-chaining a bunch of smaller switches.

    What are some good switches that match my price range? These don't need to
    be full featured switches, but they also can't start dropping packets at 50%
    utilization.

  2. Re: Reccomend me a switch.

    Some of the switches I've been seeing in my range are the D-Link DSS-24+,
    Cnet CNSH-2400, Linksys EF4124, and the cheapest, the Zonet ZFS3024.

    I have experience with mostly Cisco equipment, so I have no idea how these
    brands stack up.

    "Steve" wrote in message
    > I'm hosting a LAN party, and I need a good, ~24 port switch. My price

    range
    > ir right around $150. I want to stay away from the hell that would be

    caused
    > by daisy-chaining a bunch of smaller switches.
    >
    > What are some good switches that match my price range? These don't need to
    > be full featured switches, but they also can't start dropping packets at

    50%
    > utilization.

+ Reply to Thread