where's the problem? - Network

This is a discussion on where's the problem? - Network ; Got a problem for the teccies. One computer runs Windows98, and sends and receives email OK, and also web surfs fine. My other computer run WindowsXP, and sends but doesn't receive email at my DSL email address. Web surfs fine. ...

  1. where's the problem?

    Got a problem for the teccies.

    One computer runs Windows98, and sends and receives email OK, and also web
    surfs fine.

    My other computer run WindowsXP, and sends but doesn't receive email at my
    DSL email address. Web surfs fine.

    Both computers go to a Linksys router/switch.

    The Linksys goes to a Westell high speed modem.

    I know how to set up accounts in OE, and those are done right. But, for
    some reason, I can't receive email at my DSL email address. Everything else
    seems good.

    Any thoughts?

  2. Re: where's the problem?

    is the email account is pop3? did you tried get in to the botton of
    the problem. Have tried connecting to the mailserver from the command
    prompt

    telnet 25
    telnet 110

    run this command from the both the pc and see the difference.

    cheers

    srihari

    "RB" wrote in message news:...
    > Got a problem for the teccies.
    >
    > One computer runs Windows98, and sends and receives email OK, and also web
    > surfs fine.
    >
    > My other computer run WindowsXP, and sends but doesn't receive email at my
    > DSL email address. Web surfs fine.
    >
    > Both computers go to a Linksys router/switch.
    >
    > The Linksys goes to a Westell high speed modem.
    >
    > I know how to set up accounts in OE, and those are done right. But, for
    > some reason, I can't receive email at my DSL email address. Everything else
    > seems good.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

  3. Re: where's the problem?

    "RB" wrote in message news:...
    > Got a problem for the teccies.
    >
    > One computer runs Windows98, and sends and receives email OK, and also web
    > surfs fine.
    >
    > My other computer run WindowsXP, and sends but doesn't receive email at my
    > DSL email address. Web surfs fine.
    >
    > Both computers go to a Linksys router/switch.
    >
    > The Linksys goes to a Westell high speed modem.
    >
    > I know how to set up accounts in OE, and those are done right. But, for
    > some reason, I can't receive email at my DSL email address. Everything else
    > seems good.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    is that a same ISP?

    your sound seen problem on the smtp.

    different isp always have relay deined , check you dsl email smtp server address

+ Reply to Thread