I recently bought a 3com 802.11g card for my laptop. It works well with
my Linksys access point at home. But I recently took my laptop to work
because the store across the street has a wireless network and they let
me have access (gave me the wep key). I typed that in the right place (I
think) and their ssid shows up and the signal and link quality show good
(the green light is lit on the 3com icon and the two-monitor icon does
not have a red x). The laptop "seems" to have associated with their
access point, but when I try and use my web browser, no connection at
all. I've tried changing some of the parameters, but I really don't know
what I'm doing. What could be wrong?

David A.
dazose@ivey.com