Browser failure after period of inactivity on a home wireless network - Network

This is a discussion on Browser failure after period of inactivity on a home wireless network - Network ; Recently setup a home network with DLink combo Router/Access Point. Everything is operating fine (web browsing, downloads/uploads, IM etc). However after there is inactivity (didn't exactly measure, guess couple of hours), the web browser (on the computer connected over wireless ...

  1. Browser failure after period of inactivity on a home wireless network

    Recently setup a home network with DLink combo Router/Access Point.
    Everything is operating fine (web browsing, downloads/uploads, IM
    etc). However after there is inactivity (didn't exactly measure, guess
    couple of hours), the web browser (on the computer connected over
    wireless link to the router) ceases to connect to any site on www,
    giving a "DNS error". Even though the wireless link between the
    computer and the router is working fine according to the link status.
    If I reboot the computer everything goes back to working fine again.
    Any suggestions/help would be appreciated......thanks.

  2. Re: Browser failure after period of inactivity on a home wireless network

    "NT" wrote in message
    news:f490402f.0309282324.21934bb8@posting.google.c om...
    > Recently setup a home network with DLink combo Router/Access Point.
    > Everything is operating fine (web browsing, downloads/uploads, IM
    > etc). However after there is inactivity (didn't exactly measure, guess
    > couple of hours), the web browser (on the computer connected over
    > wireless link to the router) ceases to connect to any site on www,
    > giving a "DNS error". Even though the wireless link between the
    > computer and the router is working fine according to the link status.
    > If I reboot the computer everything goes back to working fine again.
    > Any suggestions/help would be appreciated......thanks.

    I had that same problem with a Netgear router. I went to their web site and
    downloaded and installed a firmware upgrade. Problem fixed.

    Good luck,
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread