mini-networking question - Network

This is a discussion on mini-networking question - Network ; When I hook two home pcs together through a router to the DSL phone line, can those computers also send files back and forth to each other?...

  1. mini-networking question

    When I hook two home pcs together through a router to the DSL phone line,
    can those computers also send files back and forth to each other?

  2. Re: mini-networking question

    Yes.
    But you will need to set up disks or directories, depending on the OS, to
    share.
    Chris

    "RB" wrote in message
    > When I hook two home pcs together through a router to the DSL phone line,
    > can those computers also send files back and forth to each other?

  3. Re: mini-networking question

    OK. One is running Windows 98, the other Windows XP. Where do I get the
    setup discs?

  4. Re: mini-networking question

    "RB" wrote in message
    > OK. One is running Windows 98, the other Windows XP. Where do I get the
    > setup discs?

    The third drawer down in your desk ?

    Barry. (my crystal ball is not working so well today )

+ Reply to Thread