Custom ports on d-link 614 wireless router? - Network

This is a discussion on Custom ports on d-link 614 wireless router? - Network ; Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to set up a network at home using the d-link 614 wireless router which I haven't yet purchased. I understand that in order to use a wider range of internet ...

  1. Custom ports on d-link 614 wireless router?

    Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to set up a network at
    home using the d-link 614 wireless router which I haven't yet purchased.

    I understand that in order to use a wider range of internet apps (such as
    kazaa) I need to be able to configure custom ports. Does anyone know if
    this particular device supports this (and if I really need it)? I've been
    searching through specs but can't find anything to do with ports.

    Any help much appreciated,

    TIA
    Flairns

  2. Re: Custom ports on d-link 614 wireless router?

    Kazaa:
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1302

    other port info:
    http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1191

    "Flairns" wrote in message
    news:c248945b54ad3699b2ee5dc50fdbef1e@news.teranew s.com...
    > Hi, wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to set up a network at
    > home using the d-link 614 wireless router which I haven't yet purchased.
    >
    > I understand that in order to use a wider range of internet apps (such as
    > kazaa) I need to be able to configure custom ports. Does anyone know if
    > this particular device supports this (and if I really need it)? I've been
    > searching through specs but can't find anything to do with ports.
    >
    > Any help much appreciated,
    >
    > TIA
    > Flairns

+ Reply to Thread