Easy Question for you network Guru's - Network

This is a discussion on Easy Question for you network Guru's - Network ; Let me try to explain via ascii art what I am trying to do: | | T1 Line coming in \ / * Cisco Router | \ / * ???????? / \ / \ Private Pubic Network Network the ??????? ...

  1. Easy Question for you network Guru's

    Let me try to explain via ascii art what I am trying to do:

    | T1 Line coming in
    \ /
    *
    Cisco Router

    \ /
    *
    ????????
    / \
    / \
    Private Pubic
    Network Network

    the ??????? in the diagram represents what I need to know. I need a
    rackmountable device(s) to fill in on this diagram. The device(s) must
    be able to do VPN and firewalling(ie allow and disallow ip's from the
    private side out).

    What device(s) am I looking for?

    Thanks in advance.
    J. Sanders

  2. Re: Easy Question for you network Guru's

    "J. Sanders" wrote in message
    news:16a923c7.0309261354.14a60871@posting.google.c om...
    > Let me try to explain via ascii art what I am trying to do:
    >

    > | T1 Line coming in
    > \ /
    > *
    > Cisco Router
    > |
    > \ /
    > *
    > ????????
    > / \
    > / \
    > Private Pubic
    > Network Network
    >
    > the ??????? in the diagram represents what I need to know. I need a
    > rackmountable device(s) to fill in on this diagram. The device(s) must
    > be able to do VPN and firewalling(ie allow and disallow ip's from the
    > private side out).
    >
    > What device(s) am I looking for?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > J. Sanders

    The device is question is a firewall. Since I work with Cisco, I would
    insert a Cisco PIX of the correct size. There is a VPN accelerator available
    to speed up the IPSec connections. You are planning on using IPSec, right?
    You need a minumum of three interfaces in the firewall, outside, inside, and
    DMZ.

    Hope that helps!

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread