Problems with a WD 1TB Network drive - Network

This is a discussion on Problems with a WD 1TB Network drive - Network ; I have a Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Router on my network and a Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB Network Drive. For some reason after several hours (haven't timed it so I don't actually know how long)on the network the ...

  1. Problems with a WD 1TB Network drive

    I have a Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Router on my network and a Western Digital
    My Book World Edition 1TB Network Drive. For some reason after several
    hours (haven't timed it so I don't actually know how long)on the network the
    WD Network drive becomes inaccessible. I sent back the first drive and got
    another one brand new right out of the box and I have the same issues.

    Contacted WD Supprt and so far no success on the problem as to why this
    happens. the only way that I can get then network to see the drive again is
    to unplug the power from the back of the WD Network drive. I have an HP
    Officejet that is on the network and I don't have any problems with it.

    Anyone familiar with the router and network drive I have? Will taking any
    help at this point.

  2. Re: Problems with a WD 1TB Network drive

    Iced Tea wrote:

    > I have a Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Router on my network and a Western
    > Digital
    > My Book World Edition 1TB Network Drive. For some reason after several
    > hours (haven't timed it so I don't actually know how long)on the network
    > the WD Network drive becomes inaccessible. I sent back the first drive and
    > got another one brand new right out of the box and I have the same issues.
    >
    > Contacted WD Supprt and so far no success on the problem as to why this
    > happens. the only way that I can get then network to see the drive again
    > is to unplug the power from the back of the WD Network drive. I have an HP
    > Officejet that is on the network and I don't have any problems with it.
    >
    > Anyone familiar with the router and network drive I have? Will taking any
    > help at this point.

    While this may not resolve your problem it wouldn't hurt to try and
    configure the drive for "static" IP and assign it an address on your
    network. The reason is that if your DHCP "lease" is expiring the drive
    controller may not be reacquiring a new address.

    Just a hunch... Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread