WIRELESS QUESTION - Network

This is a discussion on WIRELESS QUESTION - Network ; Can I link more than one of the $100.oo each N wireless routers I find locally (at staples ) just like you would with switches or hubs ? Is this a setup issue with encryption? I can't seem to find ...

  1. WIRELESS QUESTION

    Can I link more than one of the $100.oo each N wireless routers
    I find locally (at staples ) just like you would with switches or hubs ?
    Is this a setup issue with encryption?
    I can't seem to find a router with enough ports and can't seem to find
    a wireless switch that isn't too expensive.

  2. Wireless corrected question

    Forgive my ignorance but we have always used hardwired
    network at work and wireless is somewhat new to me.
    Loaded question, if I buy a 4 port G (they have a Linksys
    at Staples) not sure if it has the WAP or not, wonder if I
    could uplink it to our Netgear router so the new wireless
    nodes could see everyone else on the wired Lan.
    Our Netgear is auto sensing so I don't need a crossover
    cable, not sure about how the linksys would work in this.
    Appreciate any info.

+ Reply to Thread