Assign IPSec Policy via cmd prompt - Network

This is a discussion on Assign IPSec Policy via cmd prompt - Network ; Hello there. Is there a way for me to Assign or Unassign an IPSec Policy via cmd prompt. I know secpol.msc, but thats manually. I also know netsh but i'm not able to reach a command that do the job. ...

  1. Assign IPSec Policy via cmd prompt

    Hello there.
    Is there a way for me to Assign or Unassign an IPSec Policy via cmd
    prompt.
    I know secpol.msc, but thats manually.
    I also know netsh but i'm not able to reach a command that do the
    job.
    My target is to assign the Policy, tehn run a job, and then unassign
    the policy.
    Regarding the policy, i'd like to have this as an automatic procedure
    (running a batch, scheduled task) since the job next is already
    automatic.

    Thanks in advance for your help and thougts.
    regards,
    P.

  2. RE: Assign IPSec Policy via cmd prompt

    Hi, I don't know how much research you did on this but check netsh command
    set for vista. It is the only command you need but it may look complicated at
    the beginning. I use these commands to batch my connection:
    1. netsh advfirewall set global mainmode mmkeylifetime 6min,0sess
    2. netsh advfirewall set global mainmode mmsecmethods dhgroup2:3des-sha1
    3. netsh advfirewall consec add rule name="ibekciGSA" enable=yes mode=tunnel
    localtunnelendpoint=192.168.0.1 remotetunnelendpoint=212.212.212.212
    endpoint1=192.168.0.1 endpoint2=10.10.10./24 action=requireinrequireout
    auth1=computerpsk auth1psk="vpn_key123" qmsecmethods=esp:sha1-3des qmpfs=none

    "RIP" wrote:

    > Hello there.
    > Is there a way for me to Assign or Unassign an IPSec Policy via cmd
    > prompt.
    > I know secpol.msc, but thats manually.
    > I also know netsh but i'm not able to reach a command that do the
    > job.
    > My target is to assign the Policy, tehn run a job, and then unassign
    > the policy.
    > Regarding the policy, i'd like to have this as an automatic procedure
    > (running a batch, scheduled task) since the job next is already
    > automatic.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help and thougts.
    > regards,
    > P.

+ Reply to Thread