copying filters in a rule - Network

This is a discussion on copying filters in a rule - Network ; Hi , I've to create a rule to allow specific traffic to specific servers . The rule is made by several filters like my_ipaddress specific_dns_name any tcp/135 Since we have to repeat the same filter many times ( as many ...

  1. copying filters in a rule

    Hi ,
    I've to create a rule to allow specific traffic to specific servers .
    The rule is made by several filters like
    my_ipaddress specific_dns_name any tcp/135
    Since we have to repeat the same filter many times ( as many as the
    destination servers ) I wonder if there's a way to automate this process
    thanks

  2. RE: copying filters in a rule

    A script can help create filters from an IP address list in a file. Sometimes
    I find it's easier to edit the script that creates a filter list, then go
    into the UI and assign the rule to use the new filter list created by the
    latest run of the script.

    "Stefano Colombo" wrote:

    > Hi ,
    > I've to create a rule to allow specific traffic to specific servers .
    > The rule is made by several filters like
    > my_ipaddress specific_dns_name any tcp/135
    > Since we have to repeat the same filter many times ( as many as the
    > destination servers ) I wonder if there's a way to automate this process
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread