There are various sollutions usnig SSL VPN, where only https connection to
the internet is required and IE or Netscape browser. It works through the
firewall (common ports 80 or 443) and the conenction is initiated from the
LAN (trust to untrust).
You open a session as presenter on SSL server, user which you invite by
sending him url:, connects to that server for particular server. Than there
are at least 2 options.
User grants you r/o access and you instruct him via phone line or user
grants you r/w access (to selecetd application or desktop) and let you
operate his PC while he can observe your work.

Session is secure, only invited can join and it can be timedout.

The solution depends on the scale, meaning:
- you can buy ssl box or you can rent (pay yearly fee) for number of
licenced concurent ssl sessions at public accessf ssl server (run by secure
company).

If talking about up to 50 concurent SSL remote desktop sessions than a
yearly rent would be my advice. If you go beyond that and want to use
additional services the box colud be option.

Check at:

http://www.isllight.com (both optionos)

http://www.juniper.net/products/ssl/ (look for remote desktop)

Regards,
Aleksander Boh

|---------+------------------------------------------------->
| | Nick Owen |
| | Po=B9iljatelj: |
| | vpn-bounces+aleksander.boh=3Dgov.si@list|
| | s.shmoo.com |
| | |
| | |
| | 05.05.2006 20:35 |
| | |
|---------+------------------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------|

------------------------------------------------------|

Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have some remote users that need help setting up various tools on
> their computers, and we would like to be able to do this for them via
> VPN, having them for example downloading an application and starting it
> so we can access their computer.
>
> It is important that the procedure is as easy as possible for the
> customer, and that it should work well even if the customer is behind a
> firewall.
>
> Do you know of any configurations that could work for this? We have
> access to a public internet server that runs Linux, maybe the customer
> end application could connect to that?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
>
> Morten

Morten:

You might want to look into Freenx. It can be used like VNC to remote
control boxes using RDP or VNC. The server can be your linux box where
it can take advantage or PAM for authentication.

HTH,

Nick

--
Nick Owen