[VPN] Easy VPN setup for remote users - Network

This is a discussion on [VPN] Easy VPN setup for remote users - Network ; Hi, we have some remote users that need help setting up various tools on their computers, and we would like to be able to do this for them via VPN, having them for example downloading an application and starting it ...

  1. [VPN] Easy VPN setup for remote users

    Hi,

    we have some remote users that need help setting up various tools on
    their computers, and we would like to be able to do this for them via
    VPN, having them for example downloading an application and starting it
    so we can access their computer.

    It is important that the procedure is as easy as possible for the
    customer, and that it should work well even if the customer is behind a
    firewall.

    Do you know of any configurations that could work for this? We have
    access to a public internet server that runs Linux, maybe the customer
    end application could connect to that?

    Thanks for any suggestions,

    Morten

  2. Re: [VPN] Easy VPN setup for remote users

    I guess that will all depend on what OS your clients are running. If
    they have, as most cases, windows xp pro, you can do remote desktop
    management, and you can control their PC even if you are using a linux
    box, say by using a ported remoted desktop app. Normally if a vpn
    connection is established, it also provides an IP address to the client
    which is routable to both.

    www.bluedtm.com