You can do VPN over dial if you want... It's more a question of what are you
planning to run over it - and will that traffic + the IPSec overhead be
something that your users will tolerate.

-----Original Message-----
From: vpn-bounces+bill=yazji.net@lists.shmoo.com
[mailto:vpn-bounces+bill=yazji.net@lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Falkovich,
Alex
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 12:06 PM
To: vpn@lists.shmoo.com
Subject: [VPN] Minimum throughput for a VPN tunnel

Hi,
We're configuring a VPN tunnel between a VPN-3030 in the Home Office and a
Cisco's 2821 in the field office. We need to procure a broadband circuit for
the field office and, obviously, are trying to minimize the expenses for
it(DSL vs T1). Howeverer, does anybody happen to know what is the minimum
throughput one must have for the VPN tunnel to be sustainable?

Thanks...
Notice of Confidentiality:
**This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National
Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or
subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of
companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in
relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**