Need faster VPN router - Network

This is a discussion on Need faster VPN router - Network ; Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation for an economically priced VPN router with good throughput. I am currently using two NetGear FVS318 VPN routers to connect my home with my office. I'm accessing SMB-mapped drives at the office from my ...

  1. Need faster VPN router

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a recommendation for an economically priced VPN router with
    good throughput. I am currently using two NetGear FVS318 VPN routers to
    connect my home with my office. I'm accessing SMB-mapped drives at the
    office from my home, and the performance is terrible.

    I'm considering the FVS338 from NetGear, but am concerned about all the
    negative reviews that I see on the web. It has also been difficult or
    impossible to find throughput spec's for VPN routers. NetGear publishes
    their throughput, but I cannot find throughput specs for other vendors.

    Ed

  2. Re: Need faster VPN router

    If you have another machine in your office network that you can ssh
    tunnel into, that will be much faster than what you have.

    Then again if there are say 50 or more users who are going to be doing
    some telecommuting, you might be better off going to managed vpn
    service, like www.netifice.com

    www.bluedtm.com

    Ed J wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a recommendation for an economically priced VPN router with
    > good throughput. I am currently using two NetGear FVS318 VPN routers to
    > connect my home with my office. I'm accessing SMB-mapped drives at the
    > office from my home, and the performance is terrible.
    >
    > I'm considering the FVS338 from NetGear, but am concerned about all the
    > negative reviews that I see on the web. It has also been difficult or
    > impossible to find throughput spec's for VPN routers. NetGear publishes
    > their throughput, but I cannot find throughput specs for other vendors.
    >
    > Ed

+ Reply to Thread