Internet connection - Network

This is a discussion on Internet connection - Network ; Hello, I'm using XP Professional on my workstation which is part of a LAN. When I make a VPN connection with the Microsoft VPN client included with XP, the connection works fine but I can't browse the internet anymore. This ...

  1. Internet connection

    Hello,

    I'm using XP Professional on my workstation which is part of a LAN. When I
    make a VPN connection with the Microsoft VPN client included with XP, the
    connection works fine but I can't browse the internet anymore. This event
    ends when closing the VPN connection.

    Is that normal or can I do something to correct that problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    Hugo Van Sintruyen

  2. Re: Internet connection

    Normally, your new vpn connection will provide you the IP addresses,
    that includes gateways and such. You might want to check before and
    after you connect which one is your default gateway.

    Hugo Van Sintruyen wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm using XP Professional on my workstation which is part of a LAN. When I
    > make a VPN connection with the Microsoft VPN client included with XP, the
    > connection works fine but I can't browse the internet anymore. This event
    > ends when closing the VPN connection.
    >
    > Is that normal or can I do something to correct that problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Hugo Van Sintruyen

+ Reply to Thread