how could you fix something on a network topo that you dont know ? There
is a lot of possible reason why it could not work in what you're
explaining.

Need more data to process question ... bip.

J.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:03:48AM -0600, Ken Livingston wrote:
> I have searched and searched and I am not sure if I am able to do what I am
> trying to do.
>
> OK, let me explain a bit. I have established a tunnel between two BEFVP41
> routers through the internet. I want to route traffic through them for a
> couple of VoIP phones to a phone switch. The first issue is that the phone
> switch does not reside on the LAN side of either of the BEFVP41. It does
> reside on the network which is on the WAN side of one though. Here is the
> current network breakdown.
>
> Internet --> Cisco Pix Firewall --> Cisco 3810
> (192.0.1.x/255.255.255.0) -->
> Cisco 3640 (192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0) --> Linksys BEFVP41
> (192.168.2.x/255.255.255.0)
>
> The Cisco 3640 is the router through which my phone system is on the
> network. It has an ip address of 192.168.1.113. The other side of the VPN
> tunnel is just the internet connection to the Linksys. Also, I am not
> absolutely sure if the topology for the placement of the Pix Firewall is
> accurate. I did not setup this network and I really know nothing about
> Cisco stuff.
>
> Internet --> Linksys BEFVP41 (192.168.4.x/255.255.255.0) --> IP Phones
>
> I can establish the tunnel with no problems. I need to know if there is
> any
> configuration needed (or desired) on the Cisco routers and/or the Pix.
> Also, is there a way to establish a static route from the Linksys BEFVP41s
> through the tunnel on either end? So that I can route the IP traffic from
> the IP phones to the 192.168.1.113 IP address? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Ken

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> jef@linuxbe.org

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
-- Oscar Wilde