From: vpn-bounces+apiccola=3Doconnorcp.com@lists.shmoo.com
[mailto:vpn-bounces+apiccola=3Doconnorcp.com@lists.shmoo.com] On Behalf =
Of
Qian, Roger
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:06 AM
To: vpn@lists.shmoo.com
Subject: [VPN] Need a dedicated VPN box?

=20

Hi All,

We're using PIX 515UR box as firewall and VPN both in our corporate
office. Remote users (laptops) VPN in corporate network through PIX
outside interface. The problem is that after VPN connected the remote
users cannot browse Internet using corporate gateway which is PIX inside
interface. Do I need a dedicated VPN box? Which box you recommend?
Please advice.

=20

The VPN configuration in PIX is PPTP and we have about 10 remote users.

=20

Thanks a lot.

=20

Roger

------_=_NextPart_001_01C61618.8D658B4A

xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>You need some DNS settings in your
config.  Example below for a ipsec connection but should be the =
same for PPTP.
I have two dns servers in my scenario>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>vpngroup test dns-server =
192.168.1.1  192.168.1.4>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>vpngroup test default-domain =
www.msn.com>>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>>

size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:
size=3D2
face=3DTahoma>
vpn-bounces+apiccola=3Doconnorcp.com@lists.shmoo.com