Dear all

I would like to know whether someone has one comparison between PIX
and ASA5510

Our actual hardware reached its "end of life" state and from the security
standpoint we have to go for the new PIX IOS generation 7.x

Our future configuration will be:

|---------+------------------------+---------------------------------|
|Pieces |Product |Description |
|---------+------------------------+---------------------------------|
|1 |PIX-525-UR-BUN |(PIX 525 Unrestricted Bundle) |
|---------+------------------------+---------------------------------|
|1 |PIX-525-FO-BUN |(PIX 525FO Bundle) |
|---------+------------------------+---------------------------------|
|2 |PIX-4FE-66 |(PIX 66-MHz four-port 10/100 Fast|
| | |Ethernet int. card) |
|---------+------------------------+---------------------------------|

The additional interfaces are necessary to build the required perimeter
networks and the LAN failover links.

As we have application which you locate in DMZ we think not to use one
ASA5510 instead of PIX specified above because the ASA5510 have
characteristics beside one PIX in terms of security (firewall, IPS and
Anti-X).

I would like to know whether someone has one comparison between them i
terms of cost, technical and so on.

Than you for any help.

Venicio Vilas-B=F4as
Elevadores Atlas Schindler S/A
Tel. 55 11 6120-5431

Notice: The information contained in this message is intended =

only for use of the individual(s) named above and may contain =

confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No =

confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any =

mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this =

message you are hereby notified that you must not use, =

disseminate, copy it in any form or take any action in reliance =

of it. If you have received this message in error please delete it =

and any copies of it and notify the sender immediately.