Dale:

Heya. Unless I misunderstood you, it sounds like you don't
need a VPN for your boss to the office. All (I think) you need is a
remote desktop solution, so that she can see/control the office PC
from home.
If that's correct, the best browser-based solution I know
of is the free LogMeIn solution:

https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=download1

For a non web-browser solution...and at the risk of being
self-promotional...my company recently released a firewall-friendly
VNC-based remote desktop system:

http://www.echogent.com/products.htm

The advantage of the EchoWare Remote Support System is that
you (the service provider) own all of the pieces -- it doesn't rely
on any relay/rendezvous-servers run by someone else.

hope that helps,
Scott