--===============0117616436==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B4A1.1E1CADDC

All,

I enjoy all of the technical guidance that this group provides, however I
have a vpn related question that falls in the area of general management
that I am looking for some opinions on. I'm wondering at what point a
company should assign someone to full vpn administrative duties. That is, I
manage our VPN and RAS servers along with a myriad of other projects and day
to day network administration. Needless to say, I'm not getting the time
that I think needs to be given to properly manage remote access.

We are a company of approximately 20,000 employees and 10,000 users. I have
hundreds of vpn client accounts to manage along with 20 peer-to-peer
connections. We are in the healthcare industry and remote access is
critical and has to remain as secure as possible. I want to dedicate more
time to it but I'm not being given that opportunity. I just keep getting
other tasks and projects handed to me.

I'm looking for opinions from others in similar situations and possible
guidelines, if they exist, that I can use to convince my administration that
this is important enough to require a full time administrator to manage
properly. I'm wondering what other companies are doing and whether my
gripes and concerns are justified. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

This email, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted
with it contains information that is confidential and proprietary. This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and
entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient,
further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of
this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal
or state law. If you have received this information in error, please notify
Baptist Healthcare System, Inc. immediately at 502-896-3020 or via email to
the sender.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B4A1.1E1CADDC

=0D=0A=0D=0A=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice=
ffice" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" xmlns=3D"http://ww=
w=2Ew3=2Eorg/TR/REC-html40">=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A tent-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3DUS-ASCII">=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A a name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)">=0D=0A tyle>=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A =0D=0A=0D=0A lue vlink=3Dpurple>=0D=0A=0D=0A
=0D=0A=0D=0A

=3DMsoNormal> =0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>All,>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

ass=3DMsoNormal> t;=0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A<=
p class=3DMsoNormal> =2E0pt;=0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>I enjoy all of the technical guidance that =
this group=0D=0Aprovides, however I have a vpn related question that falls =
in the area of=0D=0Ageneral management that I am looking for some opinions =
on=2E  I'm=0D=0Awondering at what point a company should assign someon=
e to full vpn=0D=0Aadministrative duties=2E  That is, I manage our VPN=
and RAS servers along=0D=0Awith a myriad of other projects and day to day =
network administration=2E =0D=0ANeedless to say, I'm not getting the t=
ime that I think needs to be given=0D=0Ato properly manage remote access=2E=

=0D=0A=0D=0A

1 face=3DArial> > >

=0D=0A=0D=0A

e=3D1 face=3DArial> '>We are a company of approximately 20,000 employees and=0D=0A10,000 users=
=2E  I have hundreds of vpn client accounts to manage along with=0D=0A=
20 peer-to-peer connections=2E  We are in the healthcare industry and =
remote=0D=0Aaccess is critical and has to remain as secure as possible=2E&n=
bsp; I want to=0D=0Adedicate more time to it but I'm not being given that o=
pportunity=2E =0D=0AI just keep getting other tasks and projects hande=
d to me=2E>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

nt size=3D1 face=3DArial> :Arial'>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

mily:Arial'>I'm looking for opinions from others in similar=0D=0Asituations=
and possible guidelines, if they exist, that I can use to convince=0D=0Amy=
administration that this is important enough to require a full time=0D=0Aa=
dministrator to manage properly=2E  I'm wondering what other=0D=0Acomp=
anies are doing and whether my gripes and concerns are justified=2E  A=
ny=0D=0Asuggestions would be greatly appreciated=2E>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

le=3D'font-size:9=2E0pt;=0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>>
font>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

style=3D'font-size:9=2E0pt;=0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>> n>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

<=
span style=3D'font-size:9=2E0pt;=0D=0Afont-family:Arial'>Thanks,>>=

=0D=0A=0D=0A

ial> o>

=0D=0A=0D=0A

=3DArial>Mike=

=0D=0A=0D=0A

ce=3DArial>>&=
nbsp;

=0D=0A=0D=0A

1 face=3DArial> > >

=0D=0A=0D=0A

e=3D1 face=3DArial> '>>

=0D=0A=0D=0A
=0D=0A=0D=0A=
=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A

=0D=0A

=
=0D=0AThis email, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmi=
tted=0D=0Awith it contains information that is confidential and proprietary=
=2E This=0D=0Ainformation is intended only for the use of the individual(s)=
and=0D=0Aentity(ies) to whom it is addressed=2E If you are the intended re=
cipient,=0D=0Afurther disclosures are prohibited without proper authorizati=
on=2E If you are=0D=0Anot the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, =
printing, or use of=0D=0Athis information is strictly prohibited and possib=
ly a violation of federal=0D=0Aor state law=2E If you have received this in=
formation in error, please notify=0D=0ABaptist Healthcare System, Inc=2E im=
mediately at 502-896-3020 or via email to=0D=0Athe sender=2E=0D=0A
=

=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0A
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5B4A1.1E1CADDC--