NW312 Mirrored Partition - Netware

This is a discussion on NW312 Mirrored Partition - Netware ; All; NW3.12 The Partition holding SYS volume is mirrored. Drive 0 in the mirrored set has been deactivated. Replaivng the drive is a simple enuff task, but how do I identify Drive0, and nmor eimportantly, once I've repalced it, how ...

  1. NW312 Mirrored Partition

    All;
    NW3.12
    The Partition holding SYS volume is mirrored. Drive 0 in the mirrored
    set has been deactivated. Replaivng the drive is a simple enuff task,
    but how do I identify Drive0, and nmor eimportantly, once I've
    repalced it, how do I ensure when I re-sync the mirror that I resync
    from the good Drive1 to the new Drive0. Will I need to format the new
    disk immediately after installing.
    That's right, we're running a critical bTrieve application on NW3.12,
    and I know it's September 2007.
    rgds

  2. Re: NW312 Mirrored Partition

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:37:51 -0700, HulloSon wrote:
    > All;
    > NW3.12
    > The Partition holding SYS volume is mirrored. Drive 0 in the mirrored
    > set has been deactivated. Replaivng the drive is a simple enuff task,
    > but how do I identify Drive0

    Ideally, you'd already know which one is which. Somewhat less ideally,
    you can unplug the one you think it is, and see if the server will
    come up again. If not, try the other one.

    It's been too long since I looked at a NW312 server, but you may be
    able to find some identifying information in Monitor if you look at
    the disk information in there, or possibly the disk info in Install.

    > and nmor eimportantly, once I've
    > repalced it, how do I ensure when I re-sync the mirror that I resync
    > from the good Drive1 to the new Drive0.

    Very very carefully. When you build the new mirror, you have to pick
    the partition you want mirrored, and the partition you want it mirrored
    on to. If you get this backwards, you end up with lots of free space.

    Make backups first before proceding. Make another backup, just in case.

    You'll need to positively identify which drive is which. Read the menus
    in Install very carefully.

    > Will I need to format the new
    > disk immediately after installing.

    What kind of disk is it? Assuming it's SCSI, no, you don't have to do
    anything but make the partition and set up the mirror.

    > That's right, we're running a critical bTrieve application on NW3.12,
    > and I know it's September 2007.

    Good luck. Make more backups, just in case.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Stupidity, if left untreated, is self correcting. - Heinlein |

+ Reply to Thread