License Expired? - Netware

This is a discussion on License Expired? - Netware ; I thought Novell licenses didn't expire. I have a message on one of my servers: Server License Expired for Novell NetWare 6 Server 650 I'm not really a NetWare guy, but I thought that this wasn't supposed to happen. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: License Expired?

  1. License Expired?

    I thought Novell licenses didn't expire. I have a message on one of my
    servers:

    Server License Expired for Novell NetWare 6 Server 650

    I'm not really a NetWare guy, but I thought that this wasn't supposed to
    happen. I called Novell and asked how to redownload my license (in case
    my copy is just screwy somehow), but they want six hundred and fifty
    bucks to let me do that.

    Any advice?

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin
    Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada
    dalef@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca

  2. Re: License Expired?

    On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:06:37 -0700, Dale Friesen wrote:
    > I thought Novell licenses didn't expire.


    Depends on what you bought. You can get licenses that are contractual
    and that then have to be renewed.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | You can fool too many people too much of the time. - James Thurber |
    | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

  3. Re: License Expired?

    David Gersic wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:06:37 -0700, Dale Friesen wrote:
    > > I thought Novell licenses didn't expire.

    >
    > Depends on what you bought. You can get licenses that are contractual
    > and that then have to be renewed.


    Huh, so I might have the wrong type. I'm looking at my Novell License
    Certificate, and it doesn't have an expiry date on it anywhere. How do I
    figure this out?

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin
    Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada
    dalef@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca

  4. Re: License Expired?

    On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:46:19 -0700, Dale Friesen wrote:
    > Huh, so I might have the wrong type. I'm looking at my Novell License
    > Certificate, and it doesn't have an expiry date on it anywhere.


    Try the Vancouver BC office contact, maybe? Going by what they have posted
    on their web site:

    Randal Bartsch
    RBartsch-AT-novell.com
    (604) 684-0344

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Manuals come out, after all possible keystrokes fail. |
    | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

  5. Re: License Expired?

    David Gersic wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:46:19 -0700, Dale Friesen wrote:
    > > Huh, so I might have the wrong type. I'm looking at my Novell License
    > > Certificate, and it doesn't have an expiry date on it anywhere.

    >
    > Try the Vancouver BC office contact, maybe? Going by what they have posted
    > on their web site:
    >
    > Randal Bartsch
    > RBartsch-AT-novell.com
    > (604) 684-0344


    Thanks!

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin
    Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada
    dalef@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca

+ Reply to Thread