Chrashed sys volume - Netware

This is a discussion on Chrashed sys volume - Netware ; Pls, help, Netware server 4.1 with two mirrored disks. First one chrashed. Server was reinstalled with new disks and I received both old one. I installed Netware 4.11 on VMWare. - When I connected old second disk I could see ...

  1. Chrashed sys volume

    Pls, help,
    Netware server 4.1 with two mirrored disks. First one chrashed. Server
    was reinstalled with new disks and I received both old one.
    I installed Netware 4.11 on VMWare.
    - When I connected old second disk I could see netware partion but
    with out volumes (Monitor->Disk Information).
    - When I connetcted old first disk virtual netware doesn't work. But
    system knew old corrupted sys volume.

    I hope that data volume VOL1 is ok.
    How can I see volumes on second disk? There is message "Inoperable
    Mirror group" on Install->Disks options->Mirror/Unmirror..... It
    should by right, I think.

    How can I delete sys volume on old first disk and than run netware
    server? Or what way exists here?

    big thanx

  2. Re: Chrashed sys volume

    On 29 Mar 2007 02:56:39 -0700, kaligula wrote:
    > Pls, help,
    > Netware server 4.1 with two mirrored disks. First one chrashed. Server
    > was reinstalled with new disks and I received both old one.
    > I installed Netware 4.11 on VMWare.

    I don't think that's going to work. You need a real machine for this.
    You should be able to connect the non-failed disk to the real machine,
    and boot off of it.

    It's been a long time since I did anything with 4.1, though. I think
    I remember having to break the mirror via Install before it would
    allow a single disk that used to be part of a mirrored pair to boot.

    > - When I connected old second disk I could see netware partion but
    > with out volumes (Monitor->Disk Information).
    > - When I connetcted old first disk virtual netware doesn't work. But
    > system knew old corrupted sys volume.

    A server is only allowed to have one disk with a SYS volume on it. Your
    VMWare setup is attempting to have two.

    > I hope that data volume VOL1 is ok.

    It should be, that's the whole point of a mirror afterall.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Dan Quayle ... the EDLIN of Vice Presidents |

+ Reply to Thread