automated install of client - Netware

This is a discussion on automated install of client - Netware ; Hi- We just installed a vpn appliance here at work and some users want to be able to connect from home with the vpn and then with Novelle client. I've installed these on a few pc's but it's too many ...

  1. automated install of client

    Hi-

    We just installed a vpn appliance here at work and some users want to
    be able to connect from home with the vpn and then with Novelle client.
    I've installed these on a few pc's but it's too many steps for most
    of the staff who rarely deal with such installs. I want to cut a cd to
    automate the vpn install followed by the Novell client install which
    doesn't look too bad except for automating the resetting of 'Initial
    Novell Login' in the registry. Anyone out there doing that?

    thanks!
    Bill

  2. Re: automated install of client

    On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:37:45 -0500, Bill wrote:
    > I've installed these on a few pc's but it's too many steps for most
    > of the staff who rarely deal with such installs.

    There's support for a scripted/automated install in the client already.
    Use that and you should be ok.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Arc. |

+ Reply to Thread