Novell's "in-device" networking system? - Netware

This is a discussion on Novell's "in-device" networking system? - Netware ; I remember being at a trade show circa '93/'94 where Novell's big push was an embeddable networking system for devices such as fridges and photocopiers. I remember is disappeared without a trace about a year later. Does anyone recall the ...

  1. Novell's "in-device" networking system?

    I remember being at a trade show circa '93/'94 where Novell's big push
    was an embeddable networking system for devices such as fridges and
    photocopiers. I remember is disappeared without a trace about a year
    later. Does anyone recall the name of this effort? E-mail replies would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Maury

  2. Re: Novell's "in-device" networking system?

    On 12 Sep 2006 05:34:22 -0700, maury.markowitz@gmail.com wrote:
    > I remember being at a trade show circa '93/'94 where Novell's big push
    > was an embeddable networking system for devices such as fridges and
    > photocopiers.

    If I recall correctly, that was NEST.

    > I remember is disappeared without a trace about a year
    > later.

    Not entirely. Much of it became NDPS, now known as iPrint.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehersed. |

  3. Re: Novell's "in-device" networking system?

    David Gersic wrote:
    > If I recall correctly, that was NEST.

    Thanks, this was the one I was thinking of.

    > Not entirely. Much of it became NDPS, now known as iPrint.

    Hmm, so it did outlive Microsoft at Work!

    Maury

+ Reply to Thread