Time set in 2042 after reboot - Netware

This is a discussion on Time set in 2042 after reboot - Netware ; Hello, For some reason, after some reboots, our Netware 4.11 (SP9) server set the time somewhere in the future. I think this is always 2042 but I'm not really sure. I'm almost certain it's the present day (18 for example) ...

  1. Time set in 2042 after reboot

    Hello,

    For some reason, after some reboots, our Netware 4.11 (SP9) server set
    the time somewhere in the future. I think this is always 2042 but I'm
    not really sure. I'm almost certain it's the present day (18 for
    example) in January 2042.

    This happens _always_ after an unplanned reboot (for example a power
    outage which we had last night) and _sometimes_ after a planned reboot
    (for maintenence).

    After that I get messages about synthetic time being issued but I can
    work around that easily (with DSRepair) but I'm more concerned why the
    clock keeps setting in the future. One could think this is because of
    the hardware or hardware clock but we had the problem on an older
    machine and now again on this newer machine with good hardware.

    Any ideas?

    Kind regards,
    Thomas

  2. Re: Time set in 2042 after reboot

    Am 18 Apr 2006 00:30:59 -0700 schrieb t0maz:

    > For some reason, after some reboots, our Netware 4.11 (SP9) server set
    > the time somewhere in the future. I think this is always 2042 but I'm
    > not really sure. I'm almost certain it's the present day (18 for
    > example) in January 2042.
    > This happens _always_ after an unplanned reboot (for example a power
    > outage which we had last night) and _sometimes_ after a planned reboot
    > (for maintenence).

    Do you have an ASUS P2B board with an older BIOS (1009) in this server?

    > After that I get messages about synthetic time being issued but I can
    > work around that easily (with DSRepair) but I'm more concerned why the
    > clock keeps setting in the future.

    a BIOS update will fix this, *if* it is the above board.

    --
    Stefan Braunstein
    - no e-mails -

  3. Re: Time set in 2042 after reboot

    Hey, thank you very much for your reply and my excuses that it took me
    so long to write a reply back.

    Unfortunately it's not an Asus P2B mainboard. It's an AOpen (I do not
    have information about which type exactly) one and the BIOS version is
    up to date (well, it's updated to the latest released BIOS, but that's
    kinda old already). Do you know if any of these problems exist with
    AOpen boards too and perhaps how to resolve them?

    I will recheck anyways wether it's an Asus board tho. The exact close
    computer I have has the AOpen board but the original, although very
    unlikely, _could_ have an Asus one.

    Kind regards,
    Thomas

  4. Re: Time set in 2042 after reboot

    Am 3 May 2006 02:55:25 -0700 schrieb t0maz:

    > Do you know if any of these problems exist with
    > AOpen boards too and perhaps how to resolve them?

    No, sorry. I know this kind of error only on this particular board.

    --
    Stefan Braunstein
    - no e-mails -

+ Reply to Thread