Where am I going wrong with netware 3.12 project - Netware

This is a discussion on Where am I going wrong with netware 3.12 project - Netware ; I have recently been given a Compaq proliant 1850R that was having power supply issues,this machine is completely stock and included the smart start disk for the 221 array,and a 10 user license of novell netware 3.12. I decided to ...

  1. Where am I going wrong with netware 3.12 project

    I have recently been given a Compaq proliant 1850R that was having
    power supply issues,this machine is completely stock and included the
    smart start disk for the 221 array,and a 10 user license of novell
    netware 3.12.

    I decided to make this a project just to see if I could get it back up
    and running again.I have been pretty successful so far considering I
    have virtually no knowledge of netware 3.12, but I have run into a road
    block trying to get novell to load the disk driver.

    I created the novell nssd disks as per instructed by the smart start
    disc,but I couldn't get nssd install utility to run, according to the
    info I have I need nssd version 3.20 or earlier I have version 5.30.I
    figured no biggie I just do it all manually,I'm pretty close but I keep
    getting an error trying to start netware it says LOADER CANNOT FIND
    PUBLIC SYMBOL : NPA_CHECK_FOR_LOADED_MODULE
    CPQARRAY.HAM MODULE NOT LOADED

    I have also tweaked the daylights out of STARTUP.NCF and AUTOEXEC.NCF
    to get this far and I discovered this morning that my 12+ year old
    install floppy is corrupt so I am kinda flying by the seat of my pants.
    I have been going through all of the topics involving 3.12 in this
    group for the past week and I can't seem to find the info that fixes my
    problem.

    So I guess my question is, is anyone running a proliant 1850r and 3.12
    that could give me an example of startup.ncf and autoexec.ncf, or does
    anyone have a copy of nssd 3.20 from an old smart start disc that the
    could send me, or does anyone know where I screwed this thing up.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

  2. Re: Where am I going wrong with netware 3.12 project

    Mr.richardthruster wrote:

    > I created the novell nssd disks as per instructed by the smart start
    > disc,but I couldn't get nssd install utility to run, according to the
    > info I have I need nssd version 3.20 or earlier I have version 5.30.I
    > figured no biggie I just do it all manually,I'm pretty close but I keep
    > getting an error trying to start netware it says LOADER CANNOT FIND
    > PUBLIC SYMBOL : NPA_CHECK_FOR_LOADED_MODULE
    > CPQARRAY.HAM MODULE NOT LOADED

    You can get all the Netware 3.x drivers separately from hp.com

    > I have been going through all of the topics involving 3.12 in this
    > group for the past week and I can't seem to find the info that fixes my
    > problem.

    Use google groups search and look novell.support.* groups.

    although 3.12 is soooooo old.

    -sk

+ Reply to Thread