NDPS - Netware

This is a discussion on NDPS - Netware ; I have a hewlett packard 2840 attached to a us robotics 8003 router. Novell said I could create a printer in ndps manager by manually installing it at the server prompt. Well I typed in load ndpsm.nlm and sure enough ...

  1. NDPS

    I have a hewlett packard 2840 attached to a us robotics 8003 router. Novell
    said I could create a printer in ndps manager by manually installing it at
    the server prompt. Well I typed in load ndpsm.nlm and sure enough I got
    nothing but question marks and don't recognize command.

  2. Re: NDPS

    "Ringer" writes:

    Assuming you're running NW 5.x or 6.x, you need to create a print
    manager (and a broker) through iManager.

    [load] ndpsm .PrintManager.Organization and then you can create the
    printer using the Insert key.

    However, I recommend using iManager for these tasks.

    Trond Endrestøl | trond@fagskolen.gjovik.no
    Patron of The Art of Computer Programming| FreeBSD 4.8-S & Pine 4.55

  3. Re: NDPS

    "Trond Endrestøl" wrote in message
    > "Ringer" writes:
    >
    > Assuming you're running NW 5.x or 6.x, you need to create a print
    > manager (and a broker) through iManager.
    >
    > [load] ndpsm .PrintManager.Organization and then you can create the
    > printer using the Insert key.
    >
    > However, I recommend using iManager for these tasks.

    I went into imanager and create printer but the drop down box asked for the
    print manager and I couldn't find one. Now, what I am going by is a novell
    knowledge base document for netware 6.5 that talks about HP printers.
    Evidently, ndps has to loaded on the server. When I put Load ndpsm.nlm I
    guess I should have left the .nlm off?

  4. Re: NDPS

    On 2006-02-17, Ringer wrote:

    > "Trond Endrestøl" wrote in message
    >> "Ringer" writes:
    >>
    >> Assuming you're running NW 5.x or 6.x, you need to create a print
    >> manager (and a broker) through iManager.
    >>
    >> [load] ndpsm .PrintManager.Organization and then you can create the
    >> printer using the Insert key.
    >>
    >> However, I recommend using iManager for these tasks.

    > I went into imanager and create printer but the drop down box asked for the
    > print manager and I couldn't find one. Now, what I am going by is a novell
    > knowledge base document for netware 6.5 that talks about HP printers.
    > Evidently, ndps has to loaded on the server. When I put Load ndpsm.nlm I
    > guess I should have left the .nlm off?

    Have you created the NDPS manager object like Trond said? You can use
    either iManager or nwadmin for the task. When you have done this, you
    can load ndpsm on the server console, specifying the location of the
    manager object in your NDS/eDir.

    Only after you have done this can you specify the print manager to use
    when creating an NDPS printer.

    Jelmer
    --
    "Knock hard, life is deaf." - Mimi Parent

  5. Re: NDPS

    "Jelmer Graafstra" wrote in message
    > On 2006-02-17, Ringer wrote:
    >>
    >> "Trond Endrestøl" wrote in message
    >>> "Ringer" writes:
    >>>
    >>> Assuming you're running NW 5.x or 6.x, you need to create a print
    >>> manager (and a broker) through iManager.
    >>>
    >>> [load] ndpsm .PrintManager.Organization and then you can create the
    >>> printer using the Insert key.
    >>>
    >>> However, I recommend using iManager for these tasks.

    >> I went into imanager and create printer but the drop down box asked for
    >> the
    >> print manager and I couldn't find one. Now, what I am going by is a
    >> novell
    >> knowledge base document for netware 6.5 that talks about HP printers.
    >> Evidently, ndps has to loaded on the server. When I put Load ndpsm.nlm I
    >> guess I should have left the .nlm off?

    > Have you created the NDPS manager object like Trond said? You can use
    > either iManager or nwadmin for the task. When you have done this, you
    > can load ndpsm on the server console, specifying the location of the
    > manager object in your NDS/eDir.
    >
    > Only after you have done this can you specify the print manager to use
    > when creating an NDPS printer.

    No, I haven't. I'll give it a try tuesday when I go back to work. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread