Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5 - Netware

This is a discussion on Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5 - Netware ; Hi - I'm trying to use Radius authentication from a wireless access point. I've got a Netware 6.5 server with Novell Radius services V3.28 Now my problem is that I cannot configure my Dial Access System objects and I assume ...

  1. Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5

    Hi - I'm trying to use Radius authentication from a wireless access point.

    I've got a Netware 6.5 server with Novell Radius services V3.28

    Now my problem is that I cannot configure my Dial Access System objects
    and I assume they need to be before I can expect the Access Points to be
    able to use the Radius service ?

    I've tried with C1 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 - both lock up hard when even I open
    a Dial Access System object... ?!?

    --
    Mail mig på uffe skelmose dk

  2. Re: Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5

    Uffe S. Callesen wrote:
    > I've tried with C1 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 - both lock up hard when even I open
    > a Dial Access System object... ?!?

    Ok got that solved by using nwadmin - but it seems the build-in Radius
    server does not support EAP ??!?

    --
    Mail mig på uffe skelmose dk

  3. Re: Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5

    On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:55:28 +0100, Uffe S. Callesen wrote:
    > Hi - I'm trying to use Radius authentication from a wireless access point.
    > I've got a Netware 6.5 server with Novell Radius services V3.28

    Use FreeRADIUS instead. They've added eDir hooks to it so that you can
    do what you're trying to do.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Sign on a scaffolding truck: "Satisfaction with every erection." |

  4. Re: Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5

    On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:12:47 +0100, Uffe S. Callesen wrote:
    > Ok got that solved by using nwadmin - but it seems the build-in Radius
    > server does not support EAP ??!?

    Not as far as I know, no. Use FreeRADIUS instead.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Windows 3.1 - The Best $89 Solitaire Game You can Buy! |

  5. Re: Problems with Radius on Netware 6.5

    David Gersic wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:55:28 +0100, Uffe S. Callesen wrote:
    >
    >>Hi - I'm trying to use Radius authentication from a wireless access point.
    >>I've got a Netware 6.5 server with Novell Radius services V3.28

    > Use FreeRADIUS instead. They've added eDir hooks to it so that you can
    > do what you're trying to do.

    That'll require me to purchase a SLES server and to upgrade nmas on my
    NDS - was hoping there was an easier way.

    --
    Mail mig på uffe skelmose dk

+ Reply to Thread