    bin file and the instructions are for linux. If I install it does netware
    recognize it as Linux?

  2. Re: linux and netware

    On 2006-01-19, Ron Young wrote:
    > Can Linux programs run on a netware 6.5 server. APC has a ups management
    > program called Powerchute Business Edition. It says it is compatible with
    > netware 6.5 but the download is either wundowsNT or Linux. The program is a
    > bin file and the instructions are for linux. If I install it does netware
    > recognize it as Linux?

    No, it will not work. Netware and linux use a fundamentally different
    executable binary format. The APC download page appears to have a
    version for Netware 6 as well, which will probably work.

    http://www.apc.com/tools/download/so..._sku=SFPCBE704

    Jelmer
    --
    "Knock hard, life is deaf." - Mimi Parent

  3. Re: linux and netware

    Thanks, I had installed the novell download from apc but it was only the
    agent. You can access it by netware remote manager by typing in your server
    address and 3052. At first I thought I had to install the server and console
    software that apc evidently doesn't have for novell.
    "Jelmer Graafstra" wrote in message
    > On 2006-01-19, Ron Young wrote:
    >> Can Linux programs run on a netware 6.5 server. APC has a ups management
    >> program called Powerchute Business Edition. It says it is compatible with
    >> netware 6.5 but the download is either wundowsNT or Linux. The program is
    >> bin file and the instructions are for linux. If I install it does netware
    >> recognize it as Linux?

    > No, it will not work. Netware and linux use a fundamentally different
    > executable binary format. The APC download page appears to have a
    > version for Netware 6 as well, which will probably work.
    >
    > http://www.apc.com/tools/download/so..._sku=SFPCBE704
    >

    > Jelmer
    > --
    > "Knock hard, life is deaf." - Mimi Parent

+ Reply to Thread