netware server turns itself off - Netware

This is a discussion on netware server turns itself off - Netware ; Hi, Does anyone here have any idea why our netware server would turn itself off? This happens randomly, once every few days for the last two weeks. Thanks in advance! Victor...

  1. netware server turns itself off

    Hi,

    Does anyone here have any idea why our netware server would turn itself off?
    This happens randomly, once every few days for the last two weeks.

    Thanks in advance!

    Victor

  2. Re: netware server turns itself off

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:09:59 GMT, victor wrote:
    > Does anyone here have any idea why our netware server would turn itself off?

    What kind of server hardware? Connected to a UPS, or not? What OS version
    and service pack?

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | "I sure wish we had more girls down here on the farm," Tom said sheepishly.
    | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

  3. Re: netware server turns itself off

    Hi Victor,
    first it's important to know which version of netware you have, on
    which
    hardware and some info about your cfg.
    Going on , when the server shuts down itself , there is any message on
    the
    console (e.g. "The server is going down in 2 minutes")?
    If so it's can be due to a heavy error that cannot be fixed by the os.
    The shutdown is done as a manual shutdown (volumes dismount, ecc.) or
    is as an
    unexpected poweroff?
    Bye

    Cordiali saluti - Best regards