adding software - Netware

This is a discussion on adding software - Netware ; We have a apc 700 smart ups that powers just the netware 6.5 server. I downloaded the powerchute business edition v7 for netware and burned it to a cd. At the server I go to the Novell button and click ...

  1. adding software

    We have a apc 700 smart ups that powers just the netware 6.5 server. I
    downloaded the powerchute business edition v7 for netware and burned it to a
    cd. At the server I go to the Novell button and click on install. After the
    list of installed programs come up I click add and then go to the
    install.ncf. It comes up with copying files then nothing. I went back to my
    workstation with the cd rom and read the readme file on it. It said you have
    to load it manually by creating a directory in the sys volume.
    Do you have to go into dos and use dos commands? Our server just boots right
    up into the OS. Our old one would stop at the C: prompt and you had to type
    in server to go into the OS.

  2. Re: adding software

    I've figured out how to boot to dos and use MD to make directory. But I have
    to unzip the file to the root of volume SYS. Does dos have an unzip command
    or , after installing the file and rebooting to netware 6.5, can I use
    netware 6.5 to unzip it?
    "Ron Young" wrote in message
    > We have a apc 700 smart ups that powers just the netware 6.5 server. I
    > downloaded the powerchute business edition v7 for netware and burned it to
    > a cd. At the server I go to the Novell button and click on install. After
    > the list of installed programs come up I click add and then go to the
    > install.ncf. It comes up with copying files then nothing. I went back to
    > my workstation with the cd rom and read the readme file on it. It said you
    > have to load it manually by creating a directory in the sys volume.
    > Do you have to go into dos and use dos commands? Our server just boots
    > right up into the OS. Our old one would stop at the C: prompt and you had
    > to type in server to go into the OS.

  3. Re: adding software

    On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:51:56 -0600, RY wrote:
    > I've figured out how to boot to dos and use MD to make directory. But I have
    > to unzip the file to the root of volume SYS.

    You do this from your workstation, not from the server.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | I refuse to star in your psychodrama. |

  4. Re: adding software

    I got into remote manager from a workstation but had trouble with the java 5
    that was supposedly installed, had to uninstall it and download it again
    from java. Still couldn't get the web page that APC said the management
    program was on so I contacted them and said no matter how many times I put
    in 127.0.0.1:3052 it won't let me log on. They came back and said I had to
    type my server IP then:3052. Ohhhhhhh. Okay. Came up fine. Says the battery
    is dead in the su700. Ordered a battery. Thanks.
    "David Gersic" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:51:56 -0600, RY wrote:
    >> I've figured out how to boot to dos and use MD to make directory. But I
    >> have
    >> to unzip the file to the root of volume SYS.

    > You do this from your workstation, not from the server.
    >
    > --
    > | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com
    > |
    > | I refuse to star in your psychodrama.
    > |
    > | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info.

+ Reply to Thread