Queue-Based Printing - Netware

This is a discussion on Queue-Based Printing - Netware ; I've heard that queue-based printing is very slow in the latest versions of NetWare. Is there something to this, or is it FUD? I'm currently running NetWare 5 (with a lot of DOS clients), and for various reasons I'm looking ...

  1. Queue-Based Printing

    I've heard that queue-based printing is very slow in the latest versions
    of NetWare. Is there something to this, or is it FUD? I'm currently
    running NetWare 5 (with a lot of DOS clients), and for various reasons
    I'm looking at upgrading NetWare; should I be looking at moving the
    printing to another server?

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin

  2. Re: Queue-Based Printing

    Dale Friesen wrote:

    > I've heard that queue-based printing is very slow in the latest versions
    > of NetWare. Is there something to this, or is it FUD? I'm currently
    > running NetWare 5 (with a lot of DOS clients), and for various reasons
    > I'm looking at upgrading NetWare; should I be looking at moving the
    > printing to another server?

    I have Pserver running on NW6SP5 with eDir 8.7, no problems. Direct
    queues work too.

    If using JetDirects, you may need to upgrade the firmware after
    eDirectory updates.

    -sk

  3. Re: Queue-Based Printing

    Sami Kapanen wrote:

    > Dale Friesen wrote:
    > >
    > > I've heard that queue-based printing is very slow in the latest versions
    > > of NetWare. Is there something to this, or is it FUD? I'm currently
    > > running NetWare 5 (with a lot of DOS clients), and for various reasons
    > > I'm looking at upgrading NetWare; should I be looking at moving the
    > > printing to another server?

    > I have Pserver running on NW6SP5 with eDir 8.7, no problems. Direct
    > queues work too.
    >
    > If using JetDirects, you may need to upgrade the firmware after
    > eDirectory updates.

    Thanks!

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin
    Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada
    root@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca

+ Reply to Thread