This is a discussion on client login - Netware ; http://messenger.yahoo.com/ Yahoo Instant Messenger. Ken > not hooked to the internet. What's Yahoo IM? >...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: client login

    http://messenger.yahoo.com/

    Yahoo Instant Messenger.

    Ken

    > not hooked to the internet. What's Yahoo IM?

  2. Re: client login

    "Ron Young" wrote in message
    > We have 3 winxp client 4.9 workstations and a netware 6.5 server. When I
    > try to run SBCON you have to log in. If the #1 work station is logged in
    > you can not log in to sbcon, if it is turned off you can. Another thing
    > that happens, and this may be related, is that when you reboot any of the
    > workstations they come up with the mapped drives disconnected, the F:\sys
    > drive missing altogether, but the workstation can still see the other
    > workstation. To fix it you have to log out of SBCON, sometimes this alone
    > fixes it, but more often you have to restart the server. This is a real
    > pain when you are doing something and have to reboot a workstation since
    > you have to shut down all the others and reboot the server.

    Finally got it going. While waiting for the server guys to "research" the
    problem I contacted Novell who sent me the licenses. I used imanager and it
    put a user object in tree and all the users could come on simultaneously.
    The server people still haven't called. I want to thank Ken and Dave for
    their help. It got me pointed in the right direction.

  3. Re: client login

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:06:07 -0600, Ron Young wrote:
    > Finally got it going. While waiting for the server guys to "research" the
    > problem I contacted Novell who sent me the licenses. I used imanager and it
    > put a user object in tree and all the users could come on simultaneously.

    Ah, good. Thanks for the followup. Nice to know what the problem was.

    > The server people still haven't called. I want to thank Ken and Dave for
    > their help. It got me pointed in the right direction.

    No problem at all. Time to re-negotiate your support contract terms for
    next year, I'm thinking.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Borkowski's Law: You can't guard against the arbitrary. |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2