very slow mounting - Netware

This is a discussion on very slow mounting - Netware ; in my nw4.11 server takes long to load; it says 'mounting volume sys ***reading in Fat ***verifying directory FAT chain ***scan the directory etc...it takes more than 10 mins; it's a quite new server with a volume capacity of 73gb ...

  1. very slow mounting

    in my nw4.11 server takes long to load; it says 'mounting volume sys
    ***reading in Fat ***verifying directory FAT chain ***scan the
    directory etc...it takes more than 10 mins; it's a quite new server
    with a volume capacity of 73gb and mirrored; not much data is gone into
    it; why it takes so long? any tuning up i've to do! help appreciated
    thanks

  2. Re: very slow mounting

    "bk" wrote in news:1128928262.275738.163900
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > in my nw4.11 server takes long to load; it says 'mounting volume sys
    > ***reading in Fat ***verifying directory FAT chain ***scan the
    > directory etc...it takes more than 10 mins; it's a quite new server
    > with a volume capacity of 73gb and mirrored; not much data is gone into
    > it; why it takes so long? any tuning up i've to do! help appreciated
    > thanks

    It's not unnormal. You could try to purge the deleted files; from explorer
    on a workstation, right-click the volume and select Purge.

    Maybe you can save some time by dropping the mirroring. Since data aren't
    changed that much, you could use the second disk to make a data volume and
    copy the files from time to time.

    But, you don't restart your server that often, do you?

    Kind regards,
    Erik Klausen

+ Reply to Thread