using mirror in netware4.1 - Netware

This is a discussion on using mirror in netware4.1 - Netware ; i've installed netware 4.11 with mirrored disks; i tried to check the reliability of the disk by using the mirrored disk; disk used for mirror is put as a slave; if i want to check should i power off the ...

  1. using mirror in netware4.1

    i've installed netware 4.11 with mirrored disks; i tried to check the
    reliability of the disk by using the mirrored disk; disk used for
    mirror is put as a slave; if i want to check should i power off the
    primary disk and switch on the server? since i'm a newbie on novell
    help appreciated
    thanks

  2. Re: using mirror in netware4.1

    On 8 Oct 2005 05:07:23 -0700, kailathb@yahoo.com wrote:
    > mirror is put as a slave; if i want to check should i power off the
    > primary disk and switch on the server? since i'm a newbie on novell

    If you do this, you'll find that you don't have *any* disks. You have
    to also re-jumper your slave as a master. Other than that, yeah, this
    will work.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. |

  3. Re: using mirror in netware4.1

    On 8 Oct 2005 05:07:23 -0700, kailathb@yahoo.com wrote:

    >i've installed netware 4.11 with mirrored disks; i tried to check the
    >reliability of the disk by using the mirrored disk; disk used for
    >mirror is put as a slave; if i want to check should i power off the
    >primary disk and switch on the server? since i'm a newbie on novell
    >help appreciated
    >thanks

    Install both HD's as masters drive 0 and 2 (on a system that suports 4
    IDE drives) and set up your mirror. you can then use either drive,
    remember to copy your DOS partition to the other drive as well. I set
    up a batch file to copy all the dos files at startup that way you get
    all the patch dir's etc on both drives.

    Terry

+ Reply to Thread