Grace Login Question - Netware

This is a discussion on Grace Login Question - Netware ; Our users require to renew there passwords everything 30 days. There Grace logins are set Allowed: 1 Remainig: 1. This has worked fine for several years, however recently one user is experiancing and issue, when he attempts to log on, ...

  1. Grace Login Question

    Our users require to renew there passwords everything 30 days. There
    Grace logins are set

    Allowed: 1

    Remainig: 1.

    This has worked fine for several years, however recently one user is
    experiancing and issue, when he attempts to log on, the error messages
    comes up saying you your password has expired and your out of grace
    logins. When I check his account, sure enough, his remaining grace
    logins is se to 0 and the password expiration date is set to
    01/01/2005. Keep in mind just before he logged in the password
    expiration was set to a future date within 30 days and he had at least
    1 grace login.

    It appears when he logs on it resets the password expiration date and
    grace logins remaining.

    Has anyone of you seen this before or have an idea what might be
    happeninig.

    Regards

    David

  2. Re: Grace Login Question

    David B wrote:

    > Our users require to renew there passwords everything 30 days. There
    > Grace logins are set
    >
    > Allowed: 1
    >
    > Remainig: 1.
    >
    > This has worked fine for several years, however recently one user is
    > experiancing and issue, when he attempts to log on, the error messages
    > comes up saying you your password has expired and your out of grace
    > logins. When I check his account, sure enough, his remaining grace
    > logins is se to 0 and the password expiration date is set to
    > 01/01/2005. Keep in mind just before he logged in the password
    > expiration was set to a future date within 30 days and he had at least
    > 1 grace login.
    >
    > It appears when he logs on it resets the password expiration date and
    > grace logins remaining.
    >
    > Has anyone of you seen this before or have an idea what might be
    > happeninig.

    Can you duplicate the problem? You could assign the account a test
    password, log in and out a few times, and see what happens.

    What version of NetWare are you using?

    --
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books.
    Dale Friesen, Sysadmin

+ Reply to Thread