Automatic mount of Volumes / SAN LUNs - Netware

This is a discussion on Automatic mount of Volumes / SAN LUNs - Netware ; Hello, I'm not a Netware expert (really, I don't know anything of netware), but have a problem with my customer. We have installed a SAN storage array with snapshot software. I can create a snapshot of my netware volume and ...

  1. Automatic mount of Volumes / SAN LUNs

    Hello,
    I'm not a Netware expert (really, I don't know anything of netware), but
    have a problem with my customer.

    We have installed a SAN storage array with snapshot software. I can create a
    snapshot of my netware volume and present it to the server (by HBA WWN),
    but, for compatibility limitation between snapshot sw and netware, can't
    mount the snapshot volume from storage array to server.

    Can netware operating system automatically mount (via command line, scripts,
    etc....) a new volume to the system and make available it to the server ?

    thanks in advance
    kind regards Davide

  2. Re: Automatic mount of Volumes / SAN LUNs

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:24:05 GMT, DavideD wrote:
    > We have installed a SAN storage array with snapshot software. I can create a
    > snapshot of my netware volume and present it to the server (by HBA WWN),
    > but, for compatibility limitation between snapshot sw and netware, can't
    > mount the snapshot volume from storage array to server.

    What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

    > Can netware operating system automatically mount (via command line, scripts,
    > etc....) a new volume to the system and make available it to the server ?

    Yes, but depending on what you're trying to do, this may or may not be a
    good idea.

    If you are just trying to mount a copy of the data, it may be safe to
    "scan for new devices" and then "mount all". Maybe.

    --
    | David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
    | Newspaper headline: Lingerie Shipment Hijacked-Thief Gives Police The Slip
    | Email address is a spam trap. Visit the web site for contact info. |

+ Reply to Thread