Netware 6.5 - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 6.5 - Netware ; We are going to buy a new server with netware 6.5. We will have only one server with 3 windows XP clients. The server will not be attached to the internet. If we get a raid 1 configuration and a ...

  1. Netware 6.5

    We are going to buy a new server with netware 6.5. We will have only one
    server with 3 windows XP clients. The server will not be attached to the
    internet. If we get a raid 1 configuration and a Dat 72 tape drive for
    backup, do we need to get a third party backup program or can the netware
    6.5 do it.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Netware 6.5

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:50:08 -0500, Ron Young wrote:
    > internet. If we get a raid 1 configuration and a Dat 72 tape drive for
    > backup, do we need to get a third party backup program or can the netware
    > 6.5 do it.

    There is included backup software, but you should check the manuals
    (available on-line at http://www.novell.com/documentation) to see if your
    proposed backup hardware is supported. Third party software is often
    more feature rich, but for a small environment like this, the included
    stuff may be sufficient.

    --
    | David Gersic www.zaccaria-pinball.com dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | #include |