How to recover data on NSS volume? - Netware

This is a discussion on How to recover data on NSS volume? - Netware ; My home server, running 5.1, suffered a boot drive corruption that I can't seem to fix easily, so I'm considering just reinstalling Netware and going from there. I have a 9gb scsi drive mounted as well, configured as an NSS ...

  1. How to recover data on NSS volume?

    My home server, running 5.1, suffered a boot drive corruption that I
    can't seem to fix easily, so I'm considering just reinstalling Netware
    and going from there.

    I have a 9gb scsi drive mounted as well, configured as an NSS volume.

    If I reinstall Netware on the mirrored boot drives, can I simply
    remount the NSS volume and recover the data, or am I screwed?

    I'm not sure if the NSS drive will be happy in a new neighborhood, or
    if it needs to come back up in the environment it was created in.

    Thanks.

    Paul

  2. Re: How to recover data on NSS volume?

    On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 04:31:47 GMT, Paul Braun wrote:
    > If I reinstall Netware on the mirrored boot drives, can I simply
    > remount the NSS volume and recover the data, or am I screwed?

    The data should be fine. You'll lose your trustee rights, though, so plan
    on recovering or reestablishing those somehow.

    --
    | David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Let whoever among you is without sin buy the first round. |