I got a scsi drive and put it in. Fired up compaq proliant 800 server. It
came up and said it would start ASR on new drive. As it ran through I caught
a piece of info about recovering data to new drive that replaced failed
drive. I let it set for 2 hours, not knowing how long it would take. Checked
for drive and only found one. Rebooted and got message 1 logical drive drive
on port 1 scsi ID 4 has failed. This is the other drive that supposedly was
okay until I replaced the other one. The compaq smart array 221 controller
may be the problem. It doesn't seem to see a physical boot drive and a
mirrored drive. Could the controller card be bad or does it need to be
configured?