Netware 4.2 server - Netware

This is a discussion on Netware 4.2 server - Netware ; This is a continuation of the first post. Evidently the physical drive cratered so the server is running off the mirrored drive. Is that how it can find the files to boot because I would think the C drive is ...

  1. Netware 4.2 server

    This is a continuation of the first post. Evidently the physical drive
    cratered so the server is running off the mirrored drive. Is that how it can
    find the files to boot because I would think the C drive is gone. When I put
    a new drive in I was going to format it with a dos partition, but if I make
    it the C drive will I then lose my mirrored drive or will I then be able to
    copy it over to my new drive. The current drive is called a logical drive
    and there doesn't seem to be any way to unmirror it and make it my main C:/
    drive.

  2. Re: Netware 4.2 server

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 07:18:34 -0500, "Ron Young"
    wrote:

    >This is a continuation of the first post. Evidently the physical drive
    >cratered so the server is running off the mirrored drive. Is that how it can
    >find the files to boot because I would think the C drive is gone. When I put
    >a new drive in I was going to format it with a dos partition, but if I make
    >it the C drive will I then lose my mirrored drive or will I then be able to
    >copy it over to my new drive. The current drive is called a logical drive
    >and there doesn't seem to be any way to unmirror it and make it my main C:/
    >drive.

    I always recommended that users have a separate and possible simple
    IDE drive to bootup and run the \nwserver programs. (There are pro's
    and con's but not appropriate to get into that here).

    You probably then should be able to go into the Netware configuration
    and see your existing drives which I assume will be SCSI drives.

    Just as an aside I also recommended that the relevant files from the C
    drive were copied onto a simple paralled port ZIP drive/disk.

    --
    AnthonyL

+ Reply to Thread