Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2) - Netware

This is a discussion on Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2) - Netware ; English version **** Hi, i am a student and i recently buy a package of Novell Netware 2.2, all original (NOT PIRATE). The sofwtare cames in disks of 5.25. All of them seems to be good but one of them ...

  1. Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    English version ****
    Hi, i am a student and i recently buy a package of Novell Netware 2.2,
    all original (NOT PIRATE). The sofwtare cames in disks of 5.25. All of
    them seems to be good but one of them is broken and i cant install the
    software for that.
    I have the disks, the manuals but i need to find where download the
    disk i miss o better where to find a 2.2 version to download directly
    so i can dont use my disks.

    I will aprecieta the help you can give me
    Alex

    Version en Espa˝ol ****
    Hola, soy un estudiante y hace muy poco compre un paquete de Novell
    Netware 2.2. todo original (NO PIRATA). El software viene en discos de
    5.25. Todo parece estar bien pero uno de los discos esta roto y no
    puedo instalarlo. Tengo los discos, los manualkes pero necesito saber
    donde bajar el disco que me falta o mejor aun donde encontrar la
    version 2.2 para descargarlo asi no uso mis discos.

    Apreciare cual˝quier ayuda que puedan darme
    Alex

  2. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    On 18 Feb 2005 11:48:55 -0800, Alex wrote:
    > Hi, i am a student and i recently buy a package of Novell Netware 2.2,
    > all original (NOT PIRATE). The sofwtare cames in disks of 5.25. All of
    > them seems to be good but one of them is broken and i cant install the
    > software for that.

    If I recall correctly, only the disk with the license on it is unique
    on NW2.2. So long as that is good, you should be ok with a copy of
    whichever disk it is that is damaged from somebody else.

    The real challenge may be finding somebody with a working 5.25" disk
    drive *and* a copy of NW2.2. Even if I still had a copy of NW2.2, I
    don't have a disk drive to put it in.

    --
    | David Gersic www.zaccaria-pinball.com dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | He's got a mind like a steel sieve. |

  3. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    > If I recall correctly, only the disk with the license on it is unique
    > on NW2.2. So long as that is good, you should be ok with a copy of
    > whichever disk it is that is damaged from somebody else.
    >
    > The real challenge may be finding somebody with a working 5.25" disk
    > drive *and* a copy of NW2.2. Even if I still had a copy of NW2.2, I
    > don't have a disk drive to put it in.

    I need only the "OSEXES" Disk, but an image of it by mail could be
    usefull too or better the entire program in one file.

    Can anybody tell me if theres some place where i can download it? like
    the abadnonware sites or similars

    Thanks

  4. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    On 21 Feb 2005 07:42:45 -0800, Alex wrote:

    >> If I recall correctly, only the disk with the license on it is unique
    >> on NW2.2. So long as that is good, you should be ok with a copy of
    >> whichever disk it is that is damaged from somebody else.
    >>
    >> The real challenge may be finding somebody with a working 5.25" disk
    >> drive *and* a copy of NW2.2. Even if I still had a copy of NW2.2, I
    >> don't have a disk drive to put it in.

    > I need only the "OSEXES" Disk, but an image of it by mail could be
    > usefull too or better the entire program in one file.

    It's been way too long since I dealt with NW2.x, but I seem to recall that
    OSEXE* was the name of the disk with your license embedded in it. You may
    have a problem getting a (legal) copy of this from somebody.

    --
    | David Gersic www.zaccaria-pinball.com dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | Pessimist: "Can't get any worse..." Optimist: "It can! It can!" |

  5. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    > OSEXE* was the name of the disk with your license embedded in it. You may

    have a problem getting a (legal) copy of this from somebody.

    My friend... I really dont care if the copy of the Netware 2.2 is
    pirate or not because i have a license, i mean, i can download a
    entire cracked copy of it because i have the right to use it because:

    1) I pay my software
    2) It is 100% LEGAL, I Have the original disks, the box, the manual in
    english and spanish, the tiny fastguide atc.

    So, i eally need the soft. if you want i can send you a photo of my
    stuff to prove i really have it original.

    Please tell me where i can find it
    Thanks in advance
    Alex

  6. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    On 21 Feb 2005 12:04:42 -0800, Alex wrote:

    >> OSEXE* was the name of the disk with your license embedded in it. You may

    > have a problem getting a (legal) copy of this from somebody.
    >
    > My friend... I really dont care if the copy of the Netware 2.2 is
    > pirate or not because i have a license,

    That's nice. I don't care either, since it's your problem, not mine. My
    point was that whoever *does* have what you're looking for may be unwilling
    to give it to you, if it has a serial number embedded in it that can be
    traced back to them. If you are lucky, the disk you need isn't the one
    with the serial number on it. I don't know, I don't remember, and at this
    point I can't be bothered to go find out if OSEXES is the serialized disk
    or not.

    From what I remember, the serialized disk had a sticker on it with the
    serial number. The other disks don't. Take a look at yours and see if it's
    the serialized one. If it is, you likely have a nice box of coasters there.
    If it's not, you might get lucky and find somebody that still has a copy
    NW2.2 that will help you.

    > Please tell me where i can find it

    I don't know. I was trying to help you. Good luck with your search.

    --
    | David Gersic www.zaccaria-pinball.com dgersic_@_niu.edu |
    | After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless. |

  7. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    if it has a serial number embedded in it that can be
    > traced back to them. If you are lucky, the disk you need isn't the one
    > with the serial number on it
    > From what I remember, the serialized disk had a sticker on it with the
    > serial number. The other disks don't. Take a look at yours and see if it's
    > the serialized one.

    Only the disk called "INSTALL" has a white sticker with a number on
    it, maybe it is the licenced one. The manual of the Netware 2.2 says
    that when you install the system it selfdestruct the disks so i after
    make a install i will make copies of the disk to prevent such things,
    maybe the selfdestruction destroy the OSEXES disk, or not, i have
    problems only with that, a search in the net where i put NETWARE 2.2
    DOWNLOAD FREE doesnt give me anything usefull, i seek in FTP sites,
    BBS but nothing happend.

    Thanks a lot
    Alex

  8. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    netware 2.2 runs only on 80286 hardware. i hope you have the matching hardware.
    :-)

    alex2005.uy@gmail.com (Alex) wrote in message news:...
    > if it has a serial number embedded in it that can be
    > > traced back to them. If you are lucky, the disk you need isn't the one
    > > with the serial number on it
    > > From what I remember, the serialized disk had a sticker on it with the
    > > serial number. The other disks don't. Take a look at yours and see if it's
    > > the serialized one.

    > Only the disk called "INSTALL" has a white sticker with a number on
    > it, maybe it is the licenced one. The manual of the Netware 2.2 says
    > that when you install the system it selfdestruct the disks so i after
    > make a install i will make copies of the disk to prevent such things,
    > maybe the selfdestruction destroy the OSEXES disk, or not, i have
    > problems only with that, a search in the net where i put NETWARE 2.2
    > DOWNLOAD FREE doesnt give me anything usefull, i seek in FTP sites,
    > BBS but nothing happend.
    >
    > Thanks a lot
    > Alex

  9. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    The message
    from mp@hsinet.de (mike pacholke) contains these words:

    > netware 2.2 runs only on 80286 hardware. i hope you have the matching
    > hardware.
    > :-)

    That may not be true (it certainly *isn't* true for 2.15C !!!). I
    upgraded the MoBo in an NEC Powermate 2 box (8MHz 286) with a 33MHz
    386SX board well before upgrading the OS to 3.11 then finally 3.12
    (which is still running on a virtually silent [1] Gateway2000 box with
    it's crappy MoBo[2] replaced by a P233MMX underclocked to 200MHz and
    undervolted to 2v.

    The server had a succession of MoBo and HDD upgrades before ending up
    in the Gateway box with a couple of almost totally silent 120GB Samsung
    Spinpoints. The power consumption is now at an economical 38 watts (or
    was it 36 watts?).

    The 120GB drives have pushed this OS to it's limit. One of these days
    I'll get round to replacing the OS with Linux in order to speed data
    transfers up and fit decent sized drives.

    [1] You had to crouch down and place your ear right by the front panel
    intake vents to discover any fan noise[3]. At 1 metre distance with no
    other systems running in the wee small hours, it was totally inaudible.
    I just wish my main PC could be as quiet!

    [2] Crappy 'cos the Gateway socket7 Board whilst supporting 256MB dimms
    suffered from a 16MB limit compatability issue which I'd never ever
    experienced with any other boards until then, whereupon I discovered one
    other such board in my collection of spares! You live and learn! :-(

    [3] Fan noise was all I could make out. It was impossible to detect any
    disk noise (the disks don't spin down, they're running 24/7 week in week
    out).

    HTH

    --
    Regards, John.

    To reply directly, please remove "buttplug" .Mail via the
    "Reply Direct" button and Spam-bots will be rejected.

  10. Re: Help needed with Netware 2.2 (Yes 2.2)

    Johnny B Good wrote in message news:<2005031405211685168@plugzetnet.co.uk>...
    > The message
    > from mp@hsinet.de (mike pacholke) contains these words:
    >
    > > netware 2.2 runs only on 80286 hardware. i hope you have the matching
    > > hardware.
    > > :-)

    Yes, i know is old, but my interests are only in test purposes. You
    can be surprised to know that here in my country there a lot of OLD
    hardware in use, and old operative sytem. And if you want to have a
    chance in tha laboral market you have to know many of them because you
    never can know where you will be called to admisnitrate a Netware 2.0
    server o a 2003 Windows server, or an AIX server, etc.

    It is suposed to have (the 2.2 version of netware) a good filesystem
    volumens, it say is strong and i want to test it but my own.

    So if you have that disk or know anyone who have one PLEASE tell me
    where i can download a copy

+ Reply to Thread